Rehab is often misunderstood as a luxury health service for only those who can afford it. But the full extent of the truth stretches far beyond one’s thoughts. It is not only for people who have chronic health conditions, but it is a core health service for those who need it.
Globally, about 1.8 million adults are struggling with cocaine addiction, and the number seems to increase every year. Successful rehabilitation means plenty of things, and it does not just mean “cured.” Factors like improvements in many areas of life come into light when measuring the success rates.
If you are a person searching “drug rehab near me,” then it’s time to pay attention to the rehab’s success rate to lead a healthy life. Read on:
How are Addiction Outcomes Measured?
Addiction is not just a substance use disorder. Rather it is a chronic disease that needs your immediate attention. Since addiction affects the brain, it only has treatment and no cures. Remember, there are no globally accepted guidelines for rehab treatments as every drug rehab near me receives results on what they define as treatment.
Therefore, positive results need to find the best and trusted facility that treats a person and not just for drug abuse. As a person receiving treatment, here are the treatment measurement criteria you must know, provided by the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- It must reduce the usage of substance use and create a longer gap in relapse.
- Improvement in physical health with fewer medical visits.
- Improved employment or education status.
- Improved safety with fewer injuries or car accidents.
- Improvement in relationships with friends and loved ones.
- Improved mood, mental health, and personality traits.
- The knack for committing crimes is lower and improvement in legal status.
Drug Rehab Statistics You Must Know
It isn’t easy to get accurate readings of success based on rehab treatment effectively. Therefore, you need to consider the statistics as a quick guide. The different types of treatments vary depending on the given circumstances. Let’s take a look at the success rate of drug rehab in detail.
- Patients who receive medication-assisted treatment, also known as MAT, do not show major improvements for less than three months. Those patients who receive MAT for more than three years show lower relapse, and the success rate is significant.
- People who attend the treatment for a longer duration tend to stay sober from drug abuse up to five times more.
- Heroin drug use was significantly decreased by 90% in people who consumed MAT drugs. Moreover, outpatient treatment has a 35% success rate, and inpatient treatment has up to 65% of completion rate.
- When it comes to meth addiction, it is found that 61% will most likely relapse within a year, and the numbers keep increasing to 73% at the end of 5 years post-treatment. The study also found that 33/100 patients who attended residential rehab remained sober for three months and 14 patients after a year. This points towards proper long-term support and aftercare for effective outcomes.
- The success rate of cocaine addiction is a little off-putting as there are no FDA-approved drugs. The common treatments include behavioral therapies, and this therapy usually honors people with a token for staying sober, which the patients can exchange to get restaurant vouchers or movie tickets. 42% of cocaine-addicted patients fell back in one year before a five-year health check, with 25 percent of them admitting frequent use. But the outcome was better for those who underwent long-term residential treatment.
- Studies show that the Matrix Model is hard-hitting when it comes to meth addiction. The quarter-month program is a combination of counseling and behavioral therapy to handle the stern symptoms. 60% of the patients who took part in the treatment were unintoxicated for six months.
Which are the Different Types of Rehab Programs?
Drug rehab programs are a necessity to aid a patient in overpowering insidious substance addiction. There are different types of drug rehab programs a person can choose, but it is determined by his/her level of addiction or needs.
• Outpatient Programs
Outpatient programs offer weekly therapy sessions along with group counseling. It is less intensive compared to inpatient or residential programs.
• Inpatient Treatment
Inpatient treatment takes weeks or months to complete. It is an important and vigorous form of a drug rehab program that helps patients to withdraw from substance abuse. Patients must spend at least 31 days at the rehab and undergo intensive counsels.
• Residential Treatment
That is another type of drug rehab program that continues for an average of two to three months, depending on the patient’s needs. The program is all about relying on peer counselors to get help, stay sober, and get better.
• Detox Programs
Detox programs are one of the important parts of the recovery process for any drug addiction case. The detox program is designed to help patients gradually go back to a normal life away from substance abuse and stay completely clean or sober in the coming days.
Each of these treatments has different success ratings and vary from individual to individual. Overall, it equates to a 30 percent success rate.
Is Drug Rehab Worth It?
Although the statistics and facts may look discouraging when it comes to drug addiction recovery, attending a program is beneficial in many ways. People who follow the rehab programs are more likely to get stable health and social status in the future. Also, they do better at work, which increases their income. If you want Luxury and Executive Drugs Abuse Treatment then Balance Luxury Rehab UK is the best option.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the best rehab program for substance abuse may rely on various factors. It includes your needs, level of addiction, and co-occurring disorders at the least. Rehab treatment offers impressive tools for the patients to understand addiction and conjures the necessity to cope with everyday life without a quick drug fix. Overall, the key to a successful treatment experience is not just abstinence but rather the quality of life.
Ultimately, what matters is whether the drug rehab program brings out positivity and impacts the person’s life with good health. Even if there is a chance of relapse, many people trust the treatment in the hopes of leading a sober life.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment cost from various centers and timely medical updates