Follicular transplantation, another name for hair transplantation, is a regenerative technique for regenerating hair on the scalp and other body parts. Allopathic, Ayurveda, homeopathic, and surgical treatments are all options for this. The key consideration in hair transplantation is to create a pleasing and noticeable appearance. Hair transplants before and after show various techniques for maintaining growth and follicular strength. It’s in high demand right now. That also applies to elderly individuals.
Does a hair transplant help with hair loss?
Deficiencies in vitamins can lead to hair loss easily and much faster. This decrement is caused by low intake and malignance of vitamin B complexes. There are many sub-vitamins in B complexes. Inheritance and genetically adverse conditions can also lead to alopecia. This disease of rapid hair fall is undoubtedly a major reason for transplantation. Even for cancer patients, hair transplants are needed. Eventually, it depends on people’s aspects and interests whether they want to have a transplant or not. Secondly, there are shampoos and soaps for faster hair growth. But this is very uncertain, and the certainty level is not maintained. Though this is the first step of hair growth before transplantation, people and doctors recommend going through this first step initially. There are lots of steps to follow before and after the hair transplant. Let’s see them one by one.
You can also discuss dos and don’ts about Hair transplants before and after with a dermatologist or hair transplant specialist.
Things to consider before Hair Transplant
1. Terms and conditions for the preparation –
- For people with natural hair fall and ongoing treatment of some diseases, hair transplant work here 70 to 80 percent.
- The truth about transplantation is that nobody will 100 percent guarantee the regeneration of hair growth with maximum prosperity and dignified follicular strength. People have this strange mindset about hair transplants that there will be a 100 percent as surety of hair coming back through the clinic, which is the number one misinterpretation.
- It depends from one person to another on the immunity and capability of hair follicles.
- There is serious confusion about methods of hair transplantation. As there are several ways to regenerate hair. But a question arises in the mind that hair transplants before and after are there any side effects or other ways to cope with hair growth?
- People usually go with the ayurvedic treatment of transplantation. It acts as a supplement because transplantation requires the transfer of hair from one part to the scalp as it has minimal side effects and a high growth rate. A similar case is during the operation method associated with allopathic. This has higher side effects, like allergic reactions, rashes over the body, and scalp itching problems. Because the high dose of medicines causes adverse effects.
- Homeopathic treatment is not popular, but people apply this method in rural areas. It can be categorized under ayurvedic and operational treatment too.
Also, Read Best Homeopathic medicine for hair fall.
- Medical supervisors recommend the hair transplant method via ayurvedically. It is heavily popular in vitamin B-deficiency patients. There are even a series of tablets and drops for hair regeneration and to increase vitamin B in the body.
- Internally, when there is an increment in vitamin b complexes, the process of hair generation starts slowly.
- Allopathic ways are also a traditional and popular way to treat hair transplants, but side effects come with it. Though there is an 80 percent guarantee, there is 25 percent additional with side effects, such as rashes, itching, black spots, and many more.
Complete guide to the procedure of hair transplantation –
There are mainly two different processes for hair transplantation.
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) –
- It is a type of strip surgery. It is done operationally.
- The dermatologist removes a piece of scalp from the back of the head and stitches the part from where it is removed.
- The grafting process takes place where the removed part is separated into 4000 thousand smaller parts, where each small piece contains one hair follicle.
- Then a series of holes are punched into the scalp where transplantation is required. Hair follicles from the removed piece are introduced through these puncture holes, which are grafted and covered by the bandages.
- Within one month of duration, hair starts to regrow, and the bandages are removed periodically.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) –
- Here, During the procedure, your doctor can transfer the hair from any part of the body to the scalp, and hair growth is regenerated through this process.
- Hair from the neck, back, and pubic areas are used and facilitated through these. The supplement hairs are introduced to the grafted portion, and hair regeneration at the transplanted area occurs.
- This is more effective than the FUT Technique.
Ayurvedic treatment for hair transplant –
- Shirodhara is one of the oldest and most traditional therapies used for treating hair loss and transplantation of hair. The ayurvedic doctor takes a few samples of the body’s natural hair and analyses it. The right amount of Shirodhara oil is applied so that it should match the purpose of hair fall and transplantation through the allopathic way as well. Because the ayurvedic acts as a supplement to the hair that causes rapid growth.
- After the FUT, FUE, or frontal transplantation, the ayurvedic oil relaxes the roots. It also neutralizes the chemicals during the procedure, so that side effects do not occur.
- After transplantation, doctors recommend using ice and herbs crushed onto the surfaces of the scalp and new hair to maintain the thickness of the hair follicles.
Also, Read Top 5 Ayurvedic Hair Oil.
Things to consider After a hair transplant –
After a hair transplant, it is necessary to maintain the proper procedure and process for the steady growth of hair. Therefore, necessary actions should be applied after hair transplantation.
Dermatologists give allopathic medications, and doctors also recommend ayurvedic medication. Antihistamines and anti-inflammatory pills will be given to the patient after the hair transplant to avoid any reactions and prevent itchiness.
- Bandages and creams –
After the transplantation, bandages must be worn for at least 15 days to introduce the scalp to the environment. Creams and oils are applied at hair transplant before and after for a smooth treatment to maintain the hair follicle’s proper strength for growth and roots.
Luke’s warm water bath is mandatory for the hair follicles to be relaxed. As the water penetrates the scalps, it provides some electrostatic reactions to the hair, from which hair growth is reconstructed.
While sleeping on soft cotton pillows, at least two are recommended for a proper smooth surface so that the hair and recipient scalp should be rested.
Avoid exercise as the released sweat from the lower neck and head can infuse with the medication.
Duration of hair growth after transplantation –
A Minimum of 3 to 4 months is the waiting time for the hair to regrow. It can go till 12 to 15 months for the total growth of hair because the thickness and quality of hair take time to be built up as the FUE and FUT require one month of resting time after the surgery. Therefore, frequent oil massage and herbs are applied to the head to maintain the ongoing growth.
Also, Read 8 Best Oil For Faster Hair Growth.
Final thought –
Hair transplant is a common remedy that is done operationally worldwide for hair loss. The transplantation can cover baldness. It required FUE and FUT methods for the regrowth of hair. Hair transplant before and after requires a series of preparation and prevention for the hair and recipient scalp to be maintained. Hair growth can be increased by medication, ayurvedic oils, and herbs after hair transplantation. The effectiveness of hair can vary from 50 percent to 80 percent. After the surgery, several steps must be maintained to strengthen roots, scalp, and ongoing hair growth.
- Is hair transplant 100 effective?
Dermatologists and doctors guarantee 70 to 80 percent.
- Which method is useful for hair transplantation?
FUE is nowadays in higher demand than FUT.
- Can alopecia be treated with a hair transplant?
A hair transplant can regrow the hair from the scalp. But during alopecia, the first medication is required to treat it. If it is not successful, then a hair transplant may be possible.
- Duration of hair growth after the transplant
A Minimum of 3 to 4 months are required.
- Is hair transplant risky and unsafe?
Not at all, but heavy medication after the transplantation can cause irritability.