Acidity has been a common term for everyone; although there is no cure for acidity, you can still regulate the acidity. Whenever acidity occurs, we rush to the hospital and get a pile of medicine that causes side effects in our bodies. We can initially go for homeopathic treatments for acidity to avoid allopathy medications. It shows slow improvement; after that, it shows better improvement for acidity with no side effects. Here is the article to indicate Homeopathic medicine for acidity.
What do you mean by acidity?
Acidity occurs once gastric glands synthesize an excess quantity of acid than normal this is due to many other reasons. Once acidity happens, you can experience the burning sensation in your chest, mainly in the esophagus’s mucosal layer. Once The food passes through the esophagus to the entrance point of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). The food reaches the stomach, and the sphincter should close the valve and can feel acute pain and heartburn simultaneously. Since our food and lifestyle, the workplace have changed greatly, so we face such consequences.
What is the cause of acidity?
- Continuation of corticosteroid drugs
- Irregular diet practices
- Consumption of fatty foods, sugary products, dehydrated foods
- Overconsumption of cocoa products, caffeine-related drinks
- Constantly in one state of depression and tension
- Sleeplessness for a long period
- Excessive consumption of alcohol turns into ulcers.
- Overconsumption of smoking cigarettes
- Lack of physical exercise
- Necrosis in the stomach
- Unusual cells in the stomach may generate acid production.
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disorder ) is a severe disease accomplished by gastric contents returning to the esophagus.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome – The disease Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is characterized by an overproduction of gastrin and resulting in hyperacidity.
- Hypercalcemia – Hypercalcemia is the excessive storage of calcium levels in the body that can also lead to hyperacidity. It can be caused by a variety of medical ailments, including parathyroid issues and vitamin D deficiencies.
What are the common causes of acidity?
- Unable to take rest due to acute pain in the stomach
- Loss of food intake
- Swelling of the stomach due to excess production of gastrin
- Turgidity and babbling sounds in the stomach
What can you not do while acidity prevails?
- Don’t eat the food to the fullest.
- Don’t drink water immediately after completion of the meal
- Don’t take food within 3 – 4 hrs when going to bed
- When heart burns occur, don’t take food or water
- Don’t take a larger portion of meat.
- Don’t take whole milk, chocolate milk
- Don’t take high-fat cream cheese.
- Don’t take half-boiled foods
- Don’t smoke or alcohol
- Don’t take any medication on your own in the medical store.
What are the foods you can consume during acidity?
Followings are foods that are considered more effective options than a Homeopathic medicine for acidity –
- Fruits: apples, pears, peaches, melons, strawberries, grapes
- Vegetables: baked potato, broccoli, cabbage, green beans, peas, sweet potatoes
- Meat: skinless chicken breast egg whites or substitute fish(with no added fat )
- Dairy: low-fat cream cheese, goat cheese.
- Grains: cereal (bran or oatmeal ), cornbread, rice cakes, millet.
- Drinks: water, herbal drinks, non-citrus drinks, milk with no fat content.
- Fats /oils: low-fat salad, dressing herbs (basil thyme, mild sauces ).
However, few people may have acidity issues due to this.
What are the home remedies you can take during acidity?
Once the initial indications of flatulence, consume a few basil leaves or heat the 1 cup of water and put 3 -4 basil leaves and allow it to cool. Drinking the water frequently will show better results in acidity control.
Cinnamon plays a key role as a natural antacid for stomach acidity and can heal your stomach ulceration gradually step by step by enhancing good digestion and assimilation. For healing, drink cinnamon tea to cure lesions in the gastrointestinal tract. Cinnamon is loaded with health-benefiting properties.
Buttermilk contains lactic acid that gradually heals acidity in the stomach. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on the buttermilk or one teaspoon of ground coriander leaves for best results.
It promotes digestion and makes your digestive tract more alkaline, lowering stomach acidity. Consume a small amount of jaggery after consuming food and enjoy the benefits. Since jaggery also helps maintain body temperature.
Cloves have been a good home remedy for acidity to treat digestive problems. Cloves are carminative, thus preventing the formation of gas in the gastrointestinal tract. Add cloves while cooking the food. You can even eat raw cloves and cardamom (mixed in equal amounts) to treat acidity and eliminate flatulence.
It acts as a great neutralizer and improves digestion and stomach pain. Add Slightly crushing some roasted cumin seeds, boil the cup of water with the roasted cumin seeds and get the filtrate. After that, you can drink the water after consuming the meal.
What are the homeopathic medicine for acidity?
NUX VOM –
This Is an excellent homeopathic medicine for gas and gastric problems. There is anorexia and severe pain after eating. Indigestion is the prevailing symptom of this acidity. It has pains to circulate in various directions from the epigastrium with spasmodic vomiting and nervous stomach ache. The uneasiness occurs about half an hour after meals.
Slow and imperfect digestion, bloating in the stomach and intestines, dizziness, stomach not relieved by eating. But after a few mouthfuls, there could be a sense of satiation. A severe burning sensation in the stomach, chest, and abdomen with acute pains makes the patient bend double. Heaviness in the stomach. The eruptions are rancid. The homeopathic medicine for gas may taste Sour and putrid.
It is indicated when there is turgidity in the lower part of the abdomen. Vigorous appetite but few mouthfuls make a person feel as if his stomach is inflated and must leave his meals. The distress in lycopodium is seen immediately after and not half an hour after consuming before two remedies are felt. Another crucial symptom of this remedy is a craving for sweets. It is especially useful in the acid forms of dyspepsia, for it has a sour taste, belching, and vomiting. Whenever it does occur, it is sour.
The temptation for cold food causes vomiting as soon as it feels very hot in the stomach. Blood is present when vomiting without nausea is also common in this remedy feeling weak in the stomach, which, unlike Sulphur and sepia, extends to the bowels, burning between the scapulae is also present at times, hence it is one of the remedies for necrosis, acidity, etc. A burning, gnawing, circumscribed pain is characteristic. Rapid loss of flesh and anemia.
How effective are homeopathic medicines and treatments for acidity?
A homeopathy is a comprehensive approach to treating acidity problems. It has a symptom-specific effect. Because of this, you will have a full recovery. The root cause of acidity is what homeopathic remedies are designed to fix.
- Homeopathy cures acidity permanently.
- Enhance the oesophageal-gastric sphincter.
- Prevents acid reflux into the esophagus and throat
What are the healthy habits that should follow during acidity?
- Stop taking alcohol
- Stop using cigarette
- Avoid taking caffeine-related drinks
- Avoid taking larger meals
- Sleep enough
- Stay away from stress
- Don’t take citrus fruits that secrete acid production.
Final thoughts :
If you are suffering from acidity, it is better to go for homeopathic treatments for acute or chronic acidity since it can gradually relieve the disease while following proper food habits and routine healthy habits that regulate acidity. Hope you understood, what are the best Homeopathic medicine for acidity.
How can acidity be diagnosed?
An x-ray of the upper digestive system, esophageal manometry, esophageal, and endoscopy is the diagnosis for acidity.
Can homeopathic treatment give a cure for acidity?
Homeopathic medicine can cure acute and also severe cases of acidity.
Why do we have to get acidity?
Since we have a sedentary lifestyle, eating fast foods, lack of sleep, and exercise can make a body lead to acidity.
What happens if our body becomes too acidic?
Too acidic can cause the other organs to malfunction. Calcium is synthesized from the bones to neutralize acidity, which leads to osteoporosis.
How does stress cause acidity?
When stress occurs, excess production of pepsin, HCL causes eroding of the stomach’s mucosal lining.