As summer approaches, everyone wants to wear comfortable shorts and dresses. However, fat in the thighs steals one’s confidence. Women are more prone to this issue than men due to hormonal differences. From the age of eight, female body fat cells increase at a greater rate than male body fat cells. As females reach puberty, the estrogen level in the body increases, causing fat deposits in the thighs and buttocks. Even though estrogen levels fall after menopause, the body fat doesn’t reduce as metabolism slows down with age. So, How to reduce thigh fat? Although there is no permanent treatment, thigh fat can be reduced by regular exercise and modifying diet and lifestyle. Some common ways to reduce thigh fat are listed below:
What are some Thigh-Targeted Exercises?
You can try the following exercise to reduce thigh fat. These workout tips reduce thigh fat and aid in weight loss throughout the body. So get set started:
There are a wide variety of squat exercises that you can perform, such as Bulgarian split squats, landmine squats, overhead squats, barbell back squats, goblet squats, dumbbell squats, Zercher squats, front squats, etc. The basic squat will also do wonders if performed regularly and correctly.
- Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your chest and face in line, arms by your side, and tighten your core. Slowly start sitting while pushing your hips back till your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Balance for seconds and push back up to your initial position while lifting your arms slightly.
- Assume the push-up position.
- Keep your elbows below your shoulders such that your forearms support your body weight.
- Keep your core tight, glutes clenched, and your body straight.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and take a pause.
- Repeat. You can also do a side plank, plank jacks, plank up, reach plan, plank wiper, etc.
You can perform various types of lunges like stationary lunges, reverse lunges, side lunges, lateral lunges, curtsy lunges, walking lunges, and twist lunges.
- The typical lunges involve standing erect while placing hands on your waist.
- Periodically bring one leg forward and the opposite knee an inch away from the ground to form a 90-degree angle between both legs.
- Hold for a few seconds and return to the initial position. Now, repeat the same with the other leg.
- Place your legs on the floor.
- Bend one of your knees and place your foot on the ground.
- Lift the other leg to the height of the opposite knee.
- Make sure that your knees don’t bend in the process.
- Slowly lower it down to the ground.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other leg.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your hands between your legs and touch the ground.
- Kick your legs behind your back and do a push-up.
- Push yourself into a crouch position and hop up into the air with your arms extended overhead.
- Repeat. You can also do box burpee, side burpee, dive bomber burpee, star jump burpee, etc.
- Stand erect, with your feet together and arms on your thighs.
- Slightly bend your knees and jump, so your arms move above your head and legs wider than your shoulders.
- Close your arms and legs and return to the initial position.
- Repeat it 3-5
- You can also perform flying jumping jacks, cross jacks, modified jacks, etc.
- Sit straight on a mat or carpet.
- Bend both your knees in a winged butterfly shape.
- Grab your toes with your hands and swing both legs in a to-and-fro motion.
- Keep breathing normally and continue until you feel pain in your legs.
- Take a pause and resume again.
Also, Read How to lose butt fat By Yourself?
How to reduce thigh fat with Diet Modifications?
Following are a few dietary modifications that you can combine with thigh-targeted exercise to reduce thigh fat.
It is crucial to stay hydrated as every biological process depends on water. Dehydration can slow metabolism. At the same time, avoid energy drinks, carbonated drinks, and concentrated juices. Men are advised to drink 3.7 liters of water daily, while women should drink 2.7 liters daily.
Opt for Low-Calorie Diet –
It is recommended to stay in a calorie deficit if you want to lose body fat. Wisely measure your calorie intake and calorie burning, as over-restricting your caloric intake may lead to psychological and physiological issues.
Reduce Carbohydrates and Sugars –
Avoid bread, desserts, rice, pasta, burgers, concentrated juices, pastries, etc. These foods must not be a regular part of your diet as they immediately lack vital nutrients and spike blood sugar levels.
Cut back on alcohol –
Alcohol use can lead to weight gain since it contains many calories and has no nutritious benefit.
In addition, drinking large amounts of alcohol can lead to unhealthful dietary choices, such as overeating. Avoiding overeating may aid in weight loss and reducing undesirable thigh fat.
Fiber and Protein-Rich Diet –
Healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, eggs, and meat are good sources of proteins, fibers, vitamins, and minerals. Incorporate these foods in your diet as they contain low calories and give a feeling of being full.
Lifestyle Modifications to Reduce Thigh Fat –
In addition, a few lifestyle modifications may also support your weight loss journey which includes:
Walking is a great cardiovascular activity. Opt for stairs instead of the elevator. Go for regular morning and evening walks for at least 30 minutes.
As human beings, we ought to feel stressed and unmotivated. The stress hormone cortisol tampers your hunger hormones, ghrelin, and insulin. This results in stress eating and weight gain. Listen to music, engage in family activities, practice yoga and meditation, and spend time with friends and family.
Healthy Sleep Routine –
Getting a good night’s sleep is essential for proper brain and body functioning. It relieves stress and fatigue, maintains hormonal levels, and rejuvenates your energy levels. An adult is advised to take at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
The final thoughts –
You will need to perform workouts focusing on the legs if you want to improve the strength and shape of your thighs. Changing your diet and increasing your strength training and aerobic activity is the best way to lose fat. Take a diet to increase muscle, and improve your general fitness level. I hope you liked the article’s tips on “How to reduce thigh fat” to improve your overall well-being.