Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping.
Snoring is a common problem among all ages and both genders which can occur nightly or intermittently. The persons most at risk are those who are overweight. Also, snoring usually becomes more serious as people age. Now, let us find out some awesome snoring health facts below:
Snoring Health Facts
1. Snoring is more than just an annoyance as it takes a toll on a person’s health and vitality.
2. A narrow throat, enlarged adenoids, a cleft palate, and other physical attributes that contribute to snoring are often hereditary.
3. Untreated, sleep apnea increases our risk for serious health conditions including stroke and heart attack.
4. Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives if you want to control your snoring habits because they relax the muscles in the throat.
5. Being overweight can exacerbate snoring because one of the causes of turbulence in the throat is the narrowing of the airway due to neck fat.
Do you or your partner snore? Don’t worry, we have the solution for you given below:
Read about: 10 Lifestyle Changes to Stop Snoring